Friday, June 27, 2008

what a week

so its soo hard to believe but kosmos is actually over and my time here in costa rica is running out very quickly!!! its been a super busy and emotional week but i just thought i'd give a little update before i get some much needed sleep....
this week has been hard. i have been super busy. sleep deprived. emotional. stressed. but ultimately....sooo very blessed. reasons? sure i'll give you lots of reasons.
#1: 1200 costa ricans said they accepted Christ as their Savior
#2: about 4o american young people surrendered their lives to full time missions.
#3: i gave a freakin speech..IN SPANISH...in front of 600 + people....now if you know me. you know that is SO not like me....i don't speak in front of large crowds..i mean just about two years ago..i didnt speak. period. i had friends that called me the mute...if i ever uttered one word everyone would yell OMG EVERYONE BE QUIET SHE IS ACTUALLY TALKING!!!!!!!!!! and now this week i gave a speech in front of all those people...now granted i did have a major meltdown before...but my sisters helped me out a lot and God got me through it. i did it. and it just amazes me how God has changed me so much and by growing closer to Him i have gained confidence in Him and confidence in myself...im not the same person that i was. and i think God really used this year to accomplish that.
#4: ministry this week was just a huge blessing to me...each day we had three different services where a dif preacher would speak..but then we also had ministry time from 9-3. and well. the ministry we did this week just really reminded me of what we did when i came down here my junior year of highschool for a mission trip...except...different...this week we did door to door witnessing just like i did two years ago...however this time i was not the one being translated..I WAS the translator....two years ago i had a group of girls sitting around me in a school while i shared the gospel with them in english that was translated into spanish...this year i sat in a school and witnessed to ladies (it was a school for handicapped ppl) sitting around me..but in their own language. and that was just SO cool to me. that God has allowed me to learn this language...and that He helped me to use it to bless others and share the gospel with them....wow. it was just so cool i cant even really explain it!!!!!!!!!!!!
but ya. so stressful and emotional week...but also VERY good....yay God for all that He did. :]
not just in this week but in this year....its been so hard seeing bits of our family leave...but i know we will stay in touch and its time for us all to go out and continue making a difference in this world for our Savior.

peace out. i need sleep. so the end. :]

No comments: